Where does an experienced sales professional find a new sales tip or find a new technique for improving some area of their sales? Where does someone who has had loads of sales training and years of first-hand sales success go for something precious to help them continue to improve their sales skills and results?
Expensive Sources of Sales Techniques
Some sales professionals go to sales conferences, attend training, read books, watch DVDs or have recordings of successful salespeople on their MP3s or car stereo. Many find that they have paid a large amount of money for a resource that contained little they could really use or that offered only ONE tip that they could apply to their daily sales work.
Having one tip that will take you through the next week, and will help you achieve your sales targets, is GOOD. The problem is that this one tip was either buried in a mire of irrelevant padding or was surrounded by very basic sales skills that you could have written much better yourself!
Where can you find a good tip for opening the sales conversation, for handling objections, or for closing down a sale? Where can you find that one thought that would motivate you this week? The answer is YouTube!
YouTube – A Superb Free Source of Tips and Techniques
The best Gurus or sales trainers often have those one or two tips or techniques that are fabulous, that will really help the sales professional achieve more and develop their skills. These experts will often take their very best advice and use it for advertising their training, their book, or their DVD. They will make a clip of this to hook in the actual sales professionals like yourself.
Then they put this clip of these best-of-the-best tips up on YouTube! Here you will find the best sales tips, from the expert salespeople, without the padding! Type in the words ‘sales tips’ or ‘sales training,’ and you will see a wide selection of presenters and techniques.
You will see
1. The sales experts giving their best tips
2. Tips on how to open sales conversations
3. Techniques for probing your prospect
4. Many techniques on how to close a sale
5. How to deal with specific objections like ‘you are too expensive.’
6. How to handle different personality styles
The Benefits of YouTube Clips
There are vast benefits of using YouTube Sales clips to improve skills and motivation.
1. They are free and straightforward to access
2. There are really good people making these clips
3. There are surprisingly few clips that are totally bad – and even these will boost your self-belief!
4. The clips are short – you will find a good tip that is less than 5 minutes long
5. They are current – new ideas and sales tips all the time
6. You can sample a sales trainer or Sales writer before you buy
7. You can find a tip on particular sales topics
With the wide range of sales clips and presenters, you can find a new thought every week. You can trawl through the sales clips for some inspiration or go in for a targeted search on a specific area you want to improve.
If the worst comes to the worst, and you find there really are no valuable tips left – then you can record your own clip and begin a new career!